Race for the Cure® fundraisers help support national research programs as well as provide screenings, education and treatments to thousands of women and men who cannot afford breast health care. Locally, Komen Kansas City has raised more than $21 million to support the fight against breast cancer.
Join the movement! Turn your support into action by committing to a personal fundraising goal today.
How to Fundraise
Fundraising is easy with online fundraising tools and social media! When you registered for the Race, you automatically received your own fundraising website, which can be personalized. Your website is your starting point for spreading the word and maximizing your fundraising impact.
Get started now:
- Visit your Fundraising Center.
- Customize your page and share your link.
- Encourage everyone you know to visit your site, learn more about your commitment to the fight against breast cancer and make a donation on your behalf.
- Use the email templates provided in the Fundraising Center to easily send emails to your friends and families.
- Through the Fundraising Center, use Facebook to connect with friends and spread the word about your fundraising efforts. Make sure you are supporting the Susan G. Komen Greater Kansas City Race for the Cure.
- Download the FREE Susan G. Komen® mobile app to help amplify your fundraising efforts. Log in with your Race username and password to easily send emails, text messages, Tweets and Facebook updates! Click here for more information or search SGK Fundraise in your app store.
To make the most of your efforts, consider these tips from other successful Race for the Cure® fundraisers:
- Set a personal goal today. (We suggest $218: the average cost of an uninsured mammogram/clinical breast exam)
- Make the first gift yourself to show your commitment! It's easier to fundraise when you set the pace!
- Utilize your Fundraising Center. Take advantage of our online tools to ask friends and family to make a donation to support you.
- Tell your story. Share your passion for the breast cancer movement with family, friends, co-workers and everyone in between.
- Spread the word on social media. Don’t underestimate the power of Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. Tag us: #MoreThanPinkKC
- Find out whether your company has a matching gift program. If so, partner with your workplace with a matching gift.
- Send a personalized letter reusing your holiday card mailing list.
- Download a list of 101 Fundraising Ideas.
Collecting Cash or Check Donations?
If you plan on collecting donations by cash or check, please download a mail-in fundraising form.
Mail-in fundraising forms must be received by 11.30.2018, for donations to be credited toward your fundraising goal. Any forms received after that date will be counted as general Race donations.
Forms should be mailed to: Susan G. Komen Greater Kansas City Race for the Cure, 8900 State Line Road, #333, Leawood, KS 66206.
Note: Be sure to include your full name and complete contact information on the form so we may inform you of additional donations received on your behalf. On the form, please be sure to list the full names and addresses of people who make donations on your behalf so that we may send them their tax-deductible receipt.
Still have questions? Contact our Race Leadership Team:
- Registration Questions: email@example.com
- Team Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event Questions: email@example.com
- Volunteer Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call us at 816.842.4444 (Monday through Friday, 8A to 5P)