Dear Past and Future Supporters:
- We all hear the data that 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with Breast Cancer.
- That 75 % of funds raised are kept at the LOCAL level and 25% for Research Grants nationally.
But here is some DATA about our KC Race for the Cure and how it compares to the PINK N PROUD Team from last year.
* 72% of race participants belonged to a team.
If you joined the PINK N PROUD you were part of that!
* 84% of fundraising was done by TEAMS.
If you made a donation, or registered for last year's event you were part of that!
* Average Team fundraised $439.79
If you were part of the PINK N PROUD we were in the TOP 20 for Teams in Fundraising!!
* 40.30 % of 2015 Team Captains were fundraisers and raised an average of $176.16.
Your PINK N PROUD Team Captain was blessed to be Number 17 in Fundraising at over 9 times that amount. Thanks to your support year after year.
*25 % of all fundraising comes from TEAMS, the other sources being SPONSORS, General Fundraising and REGISTRATIONS.
So how can you CONTINUE or BEGIN to help the PINK N PROUD Team?
Please consider either registering for the Race for the Cure this year, (or SLEEP for the CURE, or PINK IN THE PEW) or if you prefer to give a donation to the team in honor of our walking that would be fabulous too!
For those of you walking this year, we are back in our "OLDE" site at Union Station. Be watching for more information as time draws closer.
PINK N PROUD TEAM CAPTAIN